Good advise @A MyCOPDTeam Member I have pretty serious Gerd all the time and take meds. Don't eat anything for 3-4 hours before bed and I sleep on a wedge pillow. Try not to eat anything that is a no-no for Gerd. That is hard to do when you love spicy and rich foods. The tiny sips of water is a great tip, thanks for that, I understand that Gerd is very common with COPD patients. @A MyCOPDTeam Member
Oh gosh, I don't know where that video is now. But I just posted it again (right above this comment). Hope you find it. I can't figure out this site. I hope you won't give up though; it's very helpful.
Showering with COPD can be challenging because the steam and humidity can make breathing more difficult. Many MyCOPDTeam members have found ways to make showering more manageable and comfortable.
Here are some helpful tips to prevent feeling sick during showers
• Use a nebulizer treatment with levalbuterol before Show Full Answer
Sometimes I throw up at night, but I don't take showers. . It has to do with what I eat, when I eat, how early I go to bed after eating, whether or not I take my Omeprazole or use 3 pillows. I have a few ideas about which vital organ is affected, but mainly I just try to do the smart things. Sometimes stress can put my tummy in a turmoil. While in bed, if you start feeling nauseous, taking tiny Tiny sips of water can ward off the vomiting. Sorry, this isn't a pretty comment, but it's better to go ahead and say it out loud.