My Pulmo doesn't believe in rescue packs. She said to contact her, but what if it happens on a weekend....she said to call 911. I'm not happy with her reply, but there's not much I can do. This is her decision for all her patients!! There is another Pulmo here, but her ratings are as low as my doc's so not much I can do. I suppose I could check with my primary doctor, but I don't think she would over-ride my Pulmo's decision.
https://youtu.be/AdeiN29az-Q?si=hv1jQX09jfVdfG_X
Hi Carol. IT is good you ask several questions at the same Time. Terminology is very important in the COPD battle, indeed.
For me, the "RESCUE pack" is two medications - Prednisone (steroids) and Antibiotics. Many reject the use of either or both of these for different reasons. I'm not going to have that debate here just for the sake of a conversation.
BUT the first step is to have an ACTION Plan. Talk to your DOC (and Google) will help you develop one. You will know exactly what to do at each step of a possible Flare-up. When she trusts you know how to use the Rescue pack correctly, you will have more Meds in your house than they have at Walgreens. It will save you a ride to the ER also! 🏁
be Well.
What are rescue pack medications for COPD?
A rescue pack contains medications that should be taken immediately when experiencing a bad COPD flare-up. These packs are given by doctors to help manage sudden worsening of symptoms before they become severe enough to require emergency care.
What's typically included:
* A Show Full Answer
@A MyCOPDTeam Member Great video describing an action plan. Thanks...
As I mentioned, the other pulmonologist here doesn't have good a reputation. This is the only real concern that I have with mine. She pretty much takes care of me otherwise...so far anyway, ha. Have a good day and easy breathing.