Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 12, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I have experienced some bladder leakage when I get panicky, which also directly relates to shortness of breath. I usually use a poise pad when I go out of the house (just in case). I am on oxygen 24/7 as well.

November 14, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Absolutely @A MyCOPDTeam Member and it doesn't matter where or when and it can be annoying and embarrassing. It may be a kind of panic reaction. if you go to the Mayo Clinic online they have an excellent article teaching men how to do Kegel exercises that strengthen the pelvic floor that can help you lessen or eliminate the urine leaks.

November 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When your O2 percentage drops below 87% your heart and brain are the only two organs that get oxygen delivered to them. So the lower and longer with out O2 below 87%, you bladder and your bowels will release, your organs will start getting damaged.
That is why is is important to stop and do PLB [Pursed Lipped Breathing] to get your O2 numbers back up into the 90's. If you can't get it back up within 5 minuets you need to go to the hospital.
That should help you control it a little better. Are you on oxygen yet?

November 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Instead of practicing pursed lip breathing, I'm heading to the bathroom. Nothing to do with oxygen with me, but it can happen for any number of reasons, including stress incontinence. Usually all I have to do is head to the kitchen faucet, and bingo I have to 'go' right now. It also helps to keeps the bladder as empty as possible and of course, wear protection.. But also, stay well hydrated. Sort of a catch-22.

November 17, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for asking the question @A MyCOPDTeam Member we really do share info about anything and everyhing here and it's really great that we can.

November 16, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Winamac, IN