Nebulizer treatment that I Take
Yupelri 175 mcg/3 ml 1 x daily
Formoterol Fumarate 20 mcg/2 ml 2 x daily
Budesonide 0.5 mg/2 ml 2 x daily
Ipratropium Bromide and Albuterol Sulfate 0.5 mg 3 mg per 3 ml. 4-6 hrs
I went on this combination when I expressed to my DR that I felt wasn't getting the proper results from the powdered medications (super expensive).
After She put me on this combination, my exacerbations have reduced dramatically.
I have only one other side effect from this new treatment, it has become much easier to cough up mucus.
Breathe easy my friend!!
https://youtu.be/nk3zIQRBGMY?si=SkxhugBuNUdzgJ-y
Hi Michele. I had to look up your Town to see if it was real. 😉
OKay, now to the question.
Since you said powdered inhaler, I assumed the Trelegy brand. As you can see, there are about 6-7 distinct steps in taking a proper inhalation treatment. This biggest emphasis should be placed on a DEEP Exhale and an even DEEPER inhale IMHO.
I would also add a good shake and palm slap (like the old ciggys 🚭) --- BEFORE rotating the dosage activator lid. In my case, I don't Rinse at the end because you will be splitting out most of the medicine IF in fact you have a low INhalation ability. Here is where your Doc should weigh in and consider switching to another brand that is more of a Mist instead of the Powder.
Being seated and more deliberate with this process may also improve your results.
be Well
How can you tell if you're using your inhaler correctly?
Tasting the powder from your inhaler is actually quite common and doesn't necessarily mean you're doing it wrong. However, it does suggest that some medication may be depositing in your mouth and throat rather than reaching deep into your lungs.
Here are some signs Show Full Answer