Answer Summary
Members responded warmly to the question about portable oxygen concentrators, sharing that while POCs do offer greater freedom and... Read more
Mine allows me to do some exercises, which is so important. I do treadmills with it and weights a bit to fight off the "I Can't get off my ares blues!". Breathe well all!
I suggest anyone on oxygen to get a finger pulse meter...my oxygen level shoots up to 97 percent with oxygen on...stays at 88 without it...I don't like carrying anything...I use small wheel around tanks..by testing my oxygen, I can ward off a stroke or heart attack ....or have a better chance..
I like mine. Pulse does take a bit getting use to.
I have 2 portable oxygen concentrators. One is the Oxlife Independence which is on wheels. That one I use if I am going to do a lot of walking. It has continuous flow up to 3 Liters and Pulse from 1-6. It holds 2 batteries at once. I purchased 4 extra batteries so I can be out and about for long periods of time.
My 2nd POC is the Oxlife Liberty 2. That is a purse size concentrator. I purchased 3 extra batteries for that one. It has continuous flow up to 2 liters and Pulse from 1-10.
I highly recommend the Oxlife products. I travel frequently, so I take both POC’s. If you are going to get a POC, make sure you purchase extra batteries. Yes, they are expensive. Your freedom is worth every cent of the cost. You can get interest free payments for up to 18 months through companies like Care Credit. I felt liberated once I got my POC’s. You will too.
My portable is pulse only and it really takes time readjusting to every time. It's awkward to lug around but at least I have it. The batteries run out pretty quick on "4" and I'm finding that I so hate carrying the extra baggage that I rarely leave the house. Of course my anxiety disorder is keeping me from a lot of things right now.