Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
February 7
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was pretty much home bound for approximately 4 years due to panic attacks. The amount of energy and focus required to regain control was astounding (lots of fun in public). My doctors would look at me with a blank face and offered no solutions. I told them I kept a change of clothes and shoes in my car for bladder control issues due to panic attacks. One doctor finally put me on a very small dose of lorazepam that I take sparingly. It took time to build the confidence back up to allow me to get out and about. I started with short trips to the store and the park with no time limits or expectations. the point was just to get out of the house and enjoy something other than the four walls. It worked for me,
breathe easy

February 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I have tried all of them and didn't find one that helped and some of the side effects made it worse. But Zoloft had the least side effects and everyone is different.

February 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Maybe have the Dr give you something for your attacks it might help .

February 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just went into a panic in the Kaiser medical building in my town and I was in radiology and they had no idea what was wrong with me and wanted to transport me to the hospital. Hard to talk but they brought a transport chair and did the xray and I had them roll me to the lab and then told them to roll me to my car. I told them I would be fine and drive home. Just remembered I panicked in that building taking my husband in for a doctor's visit.
I had 4 people around me and everyone staring and it doesn't get much worse that that for a good reason to just stay in the house.

February 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Anyone taking an SSRI for panic attacks?

February 7

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Olmsted, OH