was hospitalized back in Sept with Exasperation and was told to use oxygen 24/7.. well, that was then and this is now and i breath much better although any real exertion and it does affect my breathing.. I think for some your lungs do improve a bit but of course never to where they were.
I quit smoking after million yrs since the hospital so i know that was a Major help in improvement... never give up.......
The best person to ask this question is your Pulmonologist, He has all of your lung functions tests and can give you the right information for your body.
It is not what percentage you wake up with that matters.
You do know your lungs rest while you're sleeping and you take longer slower breaths making your O2% to drop. I am on nocturnal oxygen because when the doctor did and over night oximetry recording. It showed my O2 numbers drop int the low 80's 20 times and I quit breathing completely for a total of 4 minuets a night.
It is your option to follow doctors orders or not. But I would think long and hard about it, and have a discussion with my doctor of the what if I don't scenario. JMO
Should you continue using oxygen at night even with good morning oxygen levels?
First off, congratulations on quitting smoking - that's a huge achievement and definitely contributing to your improvement!
While waking up with mid-90s oxygen levels sounds great, it doesn't tell the whole story about what happens during Show Full Answer