My pulmonologist just prescribed it 300mg/2ml solution, 14mi. It's waiting at pharmacy and I am really scared to try it, as it seems to have so many side effects. Also not sure how much it's going to cost. I am allergic to medications with Anticholinergics in them. That is one of reasons he prescribed this as an addon to Symbicort inhaler.
Wonder if your doctor might have a sample of this drug so he can keep an eye on you .just in case to see. I would ask. Rather safe than not
I have no experience with this drug which appears to be prescribed for patients with the escinophile type of COPD. Since you have had exacerbation with other medications I would want to be assured before attempting it. Do you have family to monitor your reaction s as you administer the drug, it's a liquid delivered by injection correct? I would ask for help, either at the doctors office or having someone present when you do it. Good luck to you, hope everything goes well. 🫠🤗
What are the benefits and side effects of Dupixent for COPD?
Dupixent (dupilumab) is used as an add-on treatment for COPD with an eosinophilic phenotype. It works to reduce inflammation and improve lung function, which can help manage your symptoms better alongside your Symbicort inhaler.
The common side effects reported Show Full Answer