Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have COPD

March 11
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm always tired also the mornings I do wake up feeling alright by lunch time I feel bad again

March 13
A MyCOPDTeam Member

when i am overly fatigued i realize i haven't been drinking enough water.

March 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes. Fatique is part of this🤗

March 11
MyCOPDTeam

Why am I so exhausted even after sleeping with COPD?

Feeling extremely tired even after a full night's sleep is one of the most common symptoms of COPD. You're definitely not alone in this experience.

COPD causes fatigue because your lungs have to work much harder to get the oxygen your body needs. As the condition Show Full Answer

Why am I so exhausted even after sleeping with COPD?

Feeling extremely tired even after a full night's sleep is one of the most common symptoms of COPD. You're definitely not alone in this experience.

COPD causes fatigue because your lungs have to work much harder to get the oxygen your body needs. As the condition progresses, it can lead to low oxygen levels and high carbon dioxide levels, which leaves you feeling drained of energy.

Your body is using so much energy just to breathe that there's not much left over for daily activities. Some people with COPD burn up to 10 times more calories breathing than those without lung disease.

A MyCOPDTeam member shared: "I sleep nine to 10 hours per night, yet it's hard to get up in the morning. Some days I feel like a walking zombie, just putting one foot in front of the other." What can help with this exhaustion?

Here are some strategies that may help:

- Follow your COPD treatment plan - Oxygen therapy and pulmonary rehabilitation can make a significant difference
- Check your sleep quality - You might be waking up at night without realizing it. Sleep apnea is common with COPD and can disrupt rest
- Consider gentle exercise - Physical activity can actually boost energy levels when paced properly
- Review your nutrition - Vitamin deficiencies can worsen fatigue
- Allow yourself rest days - Sometimes extra rest is necessary

If your extreme fatigue continues or worsens, reach out to your healthcare provider. It could signal a flare-up, infection, or another issue that needs treatment.

March 11
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I usually start feeling alert with a positive attitude at around 4pm.
It is very odd.

March 14

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Daniels, WV

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tacoma, WA