Hi eveshell if you're husband loves you then he would quit with you . Sorry that I said that but it is true . When I quit my wife still was smoking but she did after a few weeks so I do know how you feel. Just give him a yes dear all the time . Hopefully you don't smoke in the house. May I suggest something if you know about how many cigarettes you smoke in a day then I would cut that in half and just smoke those and then slowly cut that in half
I would also suggest that you not get discouraged and give up just because he's still smoking. It's true, he's not helping matters by smoking in front of you, but be as creative as you can be in order to stay away from him when he smokes. That may eventually move him to try to quit. Every little bit helps. Our smoking companions probably love us, but alas, they may love the smokes more, which = addiction. Also, you will have to stop altogether before he knows how serious you are. I hate to say that, but I think it's true.
Are you using oxygen as needed and finding it challenging, especially while trying to quit smoking?
Yes, many people use oxygen therapy only during certain activities like exercise or sleep, rather than 24/7. Your oxygen prescription depends on your specific COPD symptoms and when your oxygen levels drop.
However, smoking Show Full Answer
Just want to let you know that I did have a friend that wanted to quit because he was in worse shape than me and his wife wouldn't let him and now he is gone and she has nobody to blame but herself. Just wanted to thought you should know and hope that I am not scaring you just want to let you know
That is how I finally quit @Eveshell--by cutting out 1 cigarette a week for a while and when I got down to 3 cigs a day I decided that I really didn't need those three so that's when I quit. Good suggestion @A MyCOPDTeam Member ! We all wish you the best.