It's very easy to become stagnant. Self motivation is something I struggle with also
April 14
Sorry Kevin
I got a referral from my pulmonologist for at home rehabilitation. Someone comes to my house two times a week. Medicare pays for it she makes me walk around the house and I have a small foot pedal she makes me pedal and we put it on the table and I pedal w my hands which gives me a upper body workout. I must Amit I’m not good at motivating myself when she’s not there. Lmao😂
April 14
@A MyCOPDTeam Member look at CardaHealth they look like their virtual program looks good.
Mentioned Users
A MyCOPDT...
April 14
Are you looking for online pulmonary rehab resources or videos to help with your COPD management?
Great news! MyCOPDTeam has worked with the Home Rehabilitation Network, led by respiratory therapist Alexander Grichuhin, to create videos specifically for members. These videos guide you through breathing techniques and Show Full Answer
Are you looking for online pulmonary rehab resources or videos to help with your COPD management?
Great news! MyCOPDTeam has worked with the Home Rehabilitation Network, led by respiratory therapist Alexander Grichuhin, to create videos specifically for members. These videos guide you through breathing techniques and exercises to strengthen your lungs and maintain your health.
These resources became especially valuable when in-person pulmonary rehab programs had to pause, and they're designed to help you work on your breathing and fitness from home. While online videos are helpful, it's worth noting that traditional pulmonary rehab programs offer comprehensive benefits including:
* Educational sessions on breathing techniques and medications
* Supervised exercise with oxygen monitoring
* Nutrition education
* Personalized counseling from medical professionals
* Support from others with COPD
Many members have found that the combination of professional guidance and peer support makes a real difference. One member shared they've been going to pulmonary rehab for 11 years and credits it with keeping them healthy.
If you haven't already, ask your doctor about local programs too - they can complement any at-home exercises you do with videos.
April 13