Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chatham, IL
April 21
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared personal experiences to help explain what counts as a COPD flare-up or exacerbation, with one member noting that a trip to the... Read more

Members shared personal experiences to help explain what counts as a COPD flare-up or exacerbation, with one member noting that a trip to the ER is a clear sign of an exacerbation. Several members described practical tools that help them manage symptoms at home, including oximeters, rescue inhalers, nebulizers, flutter valves, and prednisone packs sent by their pulmonologist through MyChart. A recurring theme was learning your new normal, monitoring air quality, and working closely with a pulmonologist to stay ahead of triggers like seasonal pollen.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

If I go to hospital the just give me nebulizer and steroids and I already have both here at home. I finally ween down to 5 mg a day steroids. Don’t want anything stronger unless I’m really bad.

April 21
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Very interesting @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Our convent was originally a separate building across the river from he hospital. Then they tore that building down and the next building to go on that site was our Cancer Center and the Nuns got moved to a newer addition to the hospital that could be reached via tunnel to the hospital. There was also a separate building a couple of blocks from the hospital that one time housed the Nuns that there wasn't room for in the hospital Convent. That building has also been torn down and nothing has replaced it yet.
Have you heard anything from or about Shuffler? I am concerned about him. This is the third time in a brief period that he is MIA.
I hope you have a good day today! Hugs, Chris

April 26
A MyCOPDTeam Member

SSM Health, is a hospital system that is 4 states; OK, Mo, Il, Wi. @A MyCOPDTeam Member @A MyCOPDTeam Member
Here it is the Sisters of Saint Mary hospitals. In 1872 they order of sisters started the hospitals here in St. Louis. When I worked on some of the hospitals [Bricklayer] here in town, the sisters even had their convent in part of the building. Just a little history in the Lou.

April 26
A MyCOPDTeam Member

What is SSM?

April 25
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Strange to hear those of you from outside of Wisconsin say that you use SSM! I use SSM for some things too here in Wisconsin. I didn't know SSM went beyond this State. Hmmm, learn something new each day! My regular clinic is Aurora though. @A MyCOPDTeam Member and @A MyCOPDTeam Member.

April 25 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
West Des Moines, IA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON