Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Here a picture of mine. Just on my hand and arms.

April 28
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded warmly to a question about red blotches and bruises on hands and arms, sharing that the most common causes seem to be blood... Read more

Members responded warmly to a question about red blotches and bruises on hands and arms, sharing that the most common causes seem to be blood thinners, long-term steroid use like prednisone, aging skin, and genetics. Several members offered helpful tips including wearing long sleeves or arm sleeve protectors during yard work, using Arnica cream, taking Vitamin C, and applying oil to loosen bandages gently from thin or fragile skin. A recurring theme was that while the bruises look alarming, they are generally painless and something many members simply learn to manage with humor and practical care.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

Above advice fantastic,I have lots on my arms ,and hands owing to my aging skin and small blood vessels breaking .I am now 80 years old .expecting more !

May 1
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I literally touch something hard and I get them. They take about 2 weeks to fade away.

May 27
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The way this was explained to me is this.
There is a layer of fat under your skin which protects the capillaries.
I take breztri which contributes to the fat decreasing and age is also a consideration.
Whenever I hit something particularly on my forearms I bruise there
I went for a blood test once and she was patting my arm, next morning 3in x 6in bruise
I am the bull loose in a China shop😂
😂

May 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes Micheal
I get them and I have no idea how it happened. But I c others that r my age and don’t have COPD or take meds I take and they get them too. So it’s a combination of it all. At least they don’t hurt. They look worse than they r. Hope ur doing good Micheal. 😉

April 29
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I have. The same problems with the red blotchy on my hand ✋✋. It is from a all the steroids in the medicine 💊 we have to take.I use a good hand lotion to try to keep my hands moist.Hope this helps you.God BLESS
..

April 28

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wallins Creek, KY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Innisfail, AB