@A MyCOPDTeam Member, hi there. About your emphysema, how are you doing physically as in breathing etc. I don't mean to come across as uncaring etc as everyone is different. I was diagnosed with it, I'm believing as severe, and of course my pulmonologist is concerned, but not exceedingly so . I won't preach to you, I'll briefly tell you what I do, where I'm at. Of course I use some common sense as in staying away from things that would be bad to breath. My eating usually sucks, but trying to eat somewhat healthier. Exercise for me is the big thing. We bought a walking pad/treadmill in case the weather is bad. I push myself every day to at least do a mile at 3 .4- 3.5mph.if inside. I push my breathing. (Plused breathing) other things sit to stands , planks, stretching etc .
I'm sorry it seems like I'm focusing on me, but trying to tell you what I find helpful, and hope it helps you too , especially the excersise. Best of luckπ
I'm breathing pretty well, most days. There are times when my breathing is compromised. I'm grateful though, it's still manageable. Thanks for sharing where you're at on your journey. I love hearing how things are going with others. π
I had the same diagnosis 6 years ago. Emphysema without symptoms and they found it on a CT scan. My doctor told me to stop smoking now not next year or down the road. Not that smart after 6 years itβs coming for me. Stopped drinking and smoking almost 2 weeks ago and wished I was smarter 6 years ago.
That was helpful and reassuring, thank you!
A mild emphysema diagnosis can feel alarming, but your pulmonologist's calm reaction likely reflects where things stand clinically. At the mild stage, lung function is still at 80% or more of what's considered normal for someone of your age, height, and weight β which is actually quite good.
That said, it's completely Show Full Answer