Hello LarryVogt, Welcome to the group. What an introduction you chose. I see you're recently diagnosed and more than likely frightened by it. It scared the hell out of me. But you're doing the right thing and researching it. Learning about it and what you can do. Well here there is years of experience and a wealth of information from around the world. People that have traveled this road long before me. Read in the resource section, and search in there, look through the archives of similar questions. We share our knowledge and experience that help each of us. But we are all different and react differently to medications and conditions. So take what works for you and leave the rest.
The AI has pretty much answered your quest.
Anything is possible! But it all depends on you and how you take care of your body. it is a progressive disease. I have learned, all be it late on how to control and slow it. I know of some that have improved their breathing for a while. And yes, there are a few that do run marathons. But again it is all on you and what you do for your health. By reading and posting in here you will learn tips and tricks to help you get through the day and possibly improve some.
Breathe Ez......
It helps to not get worse ,by not catching infections. That calls for cautionary measures.
Excellent answer, @A MyCOPDTeam Member.
Yes, COPD symptoms can improve! While COPD is a progressive condition, there are several treatments and lifestyle changes that can help reduce symptoms and improve quality of life.
Here are some options that may help:
- Inhalers – Bronchodilators and steroids can help open airways and reduce inflammation
- Pulmonary Show Full Answer
Michael Z, Welcome..I was so scared on 2/2026 tht I had suicidal thoughts, Chrisp got aftr me & i eased on thm thoughts. Im doing sum wht btr emotionally. Stay Strong best of Luck