@A MyCOPDTeam Member I've been on Breztri this time for about 2.5 months. I've been experiencing lots of side effects that I was blaming on other things. Last night I just wrote down all the miseries that I feel and looked up the side effects and found that they are side effects of Breztri. I too, as you said, breathe better, but I just feel sick and achy all over my body, stomach, muscles, joints, everywhere and so tired and the calves of my legs are sore. This morning I decided to use one puff in morning and eve instead of 2 and see if it makes a difference. My breathing is the same so far. I'm so sensitive to all meds that its hard to find something that I can use. If I don't improve soon, I'll call my Pulmo. I tried Trelegy a couple years ago, and it didn't work for me at that time. I suppose I could try again if need be. I'm glad that your dry skin is improved with vitamins and lotions. I fight it all the time as well. My hair is also very dry. I think it is very "manly" to take care or your skin. Too bad you didnt do that during your brick laying days. But...we all have hindsight, right?
I thought I had heard everything, but udder cream is a new one. I looked it up and it's supposed to be available at WalMart, but sometimes you have to get Walmart products online too. It is highly regarded to be helpful and good for extra sensitive skin. I must try this, because my skin is so sensitive.
I use udder cream for itchy and dry skin. It is unscented, not sticky and absorbs right away. I order it from the internet because not all stores carry it.
Itchy skin is actually more common with COPD than many people realize, and you're definitely not alone in experiencing it. Many MyCOPDTeam members have shared similar frustrations, with one saying "I'm breathing well but so darn itchy" and another noting "I didn't know itch could be COPD-related."
There are a few reasons Show Full Answer
@A MyCOPDTeam Member you mentioned using a good skin cream and I think that's great. I went to an allergist yesterday because I have had this insane itching on my head and arms only for about 5 years. I have been to my PCP my Nephrologist, Neurologist, etc and none of them could prescribe anything but more kinds of cream. The allergist told me to use nothing but UNSCENTED products on my skin twice a day--or unscented anything. Take a cool or warm shower rather than hot. So maybe if it helps me it would help anyone else with itching problems from COPD or whatever. Oh I neglected to mention the 5 different Dermatologists I've been to also. She also prescribed the generic brand of Zertec for me. I took a teaspoon of it last night and I can feel the itch today, but it isn't making me feel like I want to scratch the skin off my arms or head, so I think she found the answer. Hope this helps someone, you included. Hugs, Chris 5/20/26