Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
June 28
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No ! There is not enough oxygen from that little aerosol container to help. Nor is it for sure medical grade oxygen not to mention the other products in the can to help propel it into your lungs. Was designed for runners that get SOB and want a fast fix. It is not to help a person recover.
It is not a good idea for a person with COPD to be using it.

July 1
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you Tamara W for your input on the canned 02, I will probably pick up a can just to have. Have a Great Day and Be Safe.

June 30
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I ALWAYS carry a can of 'Boost' with me. I actually find that more immediately effective than a rescue inhaler. I don't hit that can every time I have an issue, but when it feels extra tight for me, I'll hit that can followed by a couple puffs on my rescue inhaler. I think everyone should have a couple cans on hand.

June 29
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks

June 29
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I have I've gotten several cans of them previous to getting the POC and having oxygen at home. But since I've gotten the home unit and the portable unit no I don't use them. They did give relief. Has an emergency backup maybe put one in your car. But there's really not a lot in them. I have no desire to buy any more of them.

June 28

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brunswick, Canada

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Louis, MO