Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 2
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

use it twice daily. not once

August 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have taken Ohtuvayre and there were positives increased energy and stamina but also some issues with back pain that improved once I discontinued the med. This was my experience but I am a believer that our bodies and how we tolerate medication is unique to the individual. I’m in late stage emphysema so I’ll try almost  anything that may help but that’s just me. Good luck. Sent from my iPhone

August 2
MyCOPDTeam

Ohtuvayre (revefenacin) is a long-acting bronchodilator delivered via nebulizer once daily. It belongs to a class of medications called anticholinergics, which work by relaxing the airway muscles to make breathing easier.

It's worth noting that Ohtuvayre is a nebulized medication, meaning it's delivered as a fine mist Show Full Answer

Ohtuvayre (revefenacin) is a long-acting bronchodilator delivered via nebulizer once daily. It belongs to a class of medications called anticholinergics, which work by relaxing the airway muscles to make breathing easier.

It's worth noting that Ohtuvayre is a nebulized medication, meaning it's delivered as a fine mist through a machine rather than a traditional inhaler. This can actually be easier to use for some people since no special breathing technique is required. Trelegy already contains three medications in one inhaler:

- Fluticasone (a corticosteroid)
- Umeclidinium (an anticholinergic/bronchodilator)
- Vilanterol (a long-acting bronchodilator)

Since Ohtuvayre is also an anticholinergic, it's worth having a conversation with the doctor about how it would work alongside Trelegy, as both target similar airway mechanisms. Always check with the prescribing doctor before making any changes to a current medication routine.

Other MyCOPDTeam members may have experience with Ohtuvayre — posting in the community could be a great way to hear firsthand experiences! 😊

August 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I ve heard about it and when I asked my insurance company about it and if they cover it, I got a very plain NO, its very expensive, they said well over $3000 and I don t know if thats for 30-or 90 days, let me know if you do get it, I m curious about its effects.

August 9
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you.

August 4

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pittsburgh, PA