Thanks so much Jael. I hope that’s your first name. But I’ll check my meds. I believe it may have to do with swallowing also. I appreciate you. Arthur
August 14
My dad drooled, Arthur, and my husband does now also a little. I've always heard it's the medications they're on.
August 14
Hi Arthur, what a lovely greeting — sounds like you're bringing good energy today! 😊
Drooling can actually be a side effect of some medications commonly used to manage COPD, so it's worth paying attention to when it started and whether it coincided with any medication changes.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Inhaler Show Full Answer
Hi Arthur, what a lovely greeting — sounds like you're bringing good energy today! 😊
Drooling can actually be a side effect of some medications commonly used to manage COPD, so it's worth paying attention to when it started and whether it coincided with any medication changes.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Inhaler medications can sometimes affect saliva production or muscle control around the mouth
- Relaxed mouth posture during breathlessness can contribute to drooling
- Sleeping positions used to ease breathing may also play a role
It's always a good idea to bring this up with your doctor, especially if it's new or getting worse, as they can review your medications and rule out any other contributing factors.
Other members of MyCOPDTeam may have experienced something similar — posting in the community feed is a great way to hear from people who truly get it firsthand!
AI-generated responses are not a substitute for medical advice. These services are not intended to
diagnose, treat, or cure any condition or disease. Always ask your doctor about specific health concerns.
Member Spotlight: Community Support
August 14
How funny you ask I was just thinking about that today yes I have a problem with Julie but I also have myssthenia gravis which can cause to help me so I don't know where it's coming from if it's COPD or if it's the myasthenia gravis but yes I drool
September 1
Thanks Pat. I enjoy reading your posts. Have a great weekend. A
August 15