Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 29
 · 
Reactions
MyCOPDTeam

That's a great question! While there isn't specific information available about the Vita-OX HD7 from Main Clinic, researching portable oxygen options is a smart move. There are a few common types of portable oxygen systems worth knowing about as you compare options.

Here's a quick breakdown:

- Portable oxygen tanks — Show Full Answer

That's a great question! While there isn't specific information available about the Vita-OX HD7 from Main Clinic, researching portable oxygen options is a smart move. There are a few common types of portable oxygen systems worth knowing about as you compare options.

Here's a quick breakdown:

- Portable oxygen tanks — Metal containers with pressurized oxygen. Smaller tanks are more portable but hold less oxygen and will eventually need refilling or replacing.
- Portable oxygen concentrators (POCs) — These pull air from the room and concentrate the oxygen, providing a steady flow. They're battery-powered and rechargeable, making them great for on-the-go use.
- Liquid oxygen — Lightweight and long-lasting, but can be harder to find and more expensive. Refilling requires care to avoid frostbite.

When choosing, think about your lifestyle — how active you are, whether you travel, and how much oxygen flow you need. Your doctor or pulmonologist is the best person to help match you with the right system.

It's also worth checking with your insurance provider to see what's covered before making a decision.

August 29
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Taxes, Bah Humbug!!!

September 11
A MyCOPDTeam Member

That’s where I’m stuck, too, @A MyCOPDTeam Member !

I’ve managed without a portable so far, thanks to my SP02 continuous oxygen saturation monitoring ring, so I’m putting off buying anything as long as possible. I’m going to have to go back to work in the Fall of next year, anyway, so I’ll think about getting it AFTER I have access to a better income.

Just liquidated a bonus I earned in 1984 (which that shyster disability insurance company is trying to steal from me) so I’m focused on spending the money as quickly as possible on things I want / need that are more urgent than the portable oxygen unit, and keeping them from clawing that payout back.

Thursday night, 10-SEP-26

September 10
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, Hi, no I haven’t really decided but I am seriously considering it! It’s expensive so I’m really having to think about it. Unfortunately no one on here has tried it I guess. If I decide to I will diffently let you know. Happy Thursday to you as well! Hope it’s a great one. Cindy

September 10
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Any luck, @A MyCOPDTeam Member with your offline research? Looking at the YouTube video, I’m still thinking (if I ever get $$$) that this will be the model I’m choosing due to the different way the sieves work, and the noise comparison on the video.

I’m probably going to wait until I return to work to buy it, though. 2027 or 2028, once we have more in the field usage history.

Happy Thursday, 10-SEP-26

September 10

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Santa Maria, CA