Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Orlando, FL

If so has it helped. Did you have side effects from it. I have severe copd and would love to find something to help as I am not able to do much at all anymore.

July 29, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have just started Daxas but the side effects even after a week were awful so I have discontinued.

September 26, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am on this I have no problem taking it now,anything to keep me from going to the hospital I will try. Was in the hospital 3x in 3 months.

March 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Daxas is usually called daliresp in the US and rofumilast in the scientific community. It's designed to reduce mucous production in people with a big chronic bronchitis component to their COPD. By reducing the mucous, there are fewer places for infections to grow, and the person has fewer exacerbations, fewer trips to the hospital and actually has a chance to recover longer and more completely. The typical side effects are primarily digestive problems. People who didn't have those side effects, or were able to work through them have had very good results with the med. It's definitely worth a try!

August 2, 2015 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cambridge, ON

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Keswick, ON