My friend is on co2 24/7. He has an Inogen 1. Even with the setting at 5 he is still sob. I am wondering is continuous flow would be more beneficial to him.
Continuous may not help. The problem may be that the Inogen on its highest setting isn't enough. That means he needs a better source of O2 for going out. However, before you jump to that conclusion, he needs to test his saturation levels with an oximeter when he's using the Inogen at 5 and he's sob. His O2 saturation levels may be fine, and if that's the case more O2 whether continuous or pulse, won't do any good. Then it's time for some good breathing techniques: pursed lip breathing and belly breathing. He may also need to begin an exercise program so he can build his stamina. If he's in better physical condition it won't take as much O2 for him to move. I'd suggest that he talk with his doc about pulmonary rehab and do some experimenting with the Inogen and test his saturation levels. If necessary then he should talk with his doc and his DME to get them to change his O2 prescription and the equipment he's using.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, don't feel silly, it took me a few minute to sort out sob, 😢 from short of breath!
Thanks, my don't I feel silly.
short of breath
Can I ask what sob means please? Thanks.