Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jamestown, PA

Just looking for opinions on if anyone prefers any special exercise equipment. I have moderate COPD and hope to keep it there.

February 28, 2016 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I like my treadmill. I think both would do a good job.

February 28, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I would walk but I can't for too long. My left legs goes completely numb then very painful. Worse then my head does. my head is now numb because I thought about what I was saying. LOLOLOL J/K

March 16, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Do what you feel like you can do without over doing it .and be careful on these machines don't push yourself .remember do a little and rest then do a little always take those breaks it's so easy to over do it when you have copd

March 5, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Most people with COPD would find it hard to manage an elliptical; the treadmill is usually preferred. If you can use the elliptical, go for it; just be sure you can use it!

February 28, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use a stationary bicycle, but not as often as I should. I do watch the Tour de France, however, and try to keep up with them. LOL!!!!

March 16, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nederland, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Smiths Falls, ON