Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

What exercise machine would give you the best workout in your home? I'm setting up an exercise room in my house but I cannot use a treadmill because of an issue with the tendon in my foot. I would like some opinions on what you feel the next best exercise machine would be. Would it be a bike or a rowing machine or elliptical? What would give me the best aerobic workout on a daily basis?

August 29, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been told your legs are the best machine we have. Walking and learning to breathe correctly for your medical problems. Then I suggest you use the money you would spend on the gym on a great vacation, or help someone who really needs help. Just my suggestions.

September 8, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Water aerobics work great with COPD. You can do so much more in water. Medicare supplement plans often pay for these at YMCA etc.

September 6, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Best exercise is enough to cause breathlessness, but without discomfort. On good days push yourself a little harder. On bad days just concentrate on breathing exercise. Walking n swimming are good, building stamina is most important, so your own body and light weights will be quite adequate, you do not need a gym, just a bit of discipline and self belief. A little help from friends and family can make this fun

September 1, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use, in rehab a machine where I it and exercise my arms and legs and it works good, also sitting in a chair and doing chest expansions help with weights

October 18, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The real question dollydagger is how much is your budget for the equipment..set a budget and then the answer will be easier to get to....

September 7, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Smiths Falls, ON