Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Darlington, SC

I sleep good at night most of the times but lately about midday I get so sleepy I can hardly keep my eyes open any ideas why or what I can do

April 7, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I like the others feel tired mid afternoon.
I put mine down to not sleeping well. I have trouble getting back to sleep.
I think the true answer may be that we work harder to breathe and this in turn affects us during the day. The best thing I suppose is to go with your what your body tells you.💤💤

April 8, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I try not to sleep during the day. I will get up and do something or go out. If I sleep during the day I tend not to sleep very well at night. However sometimes I can't stop myself from falling asleep.

April 8, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Our heart beats twice the rate as healthy people at resting rate, we use twice as much energy so an 8 hour working day is equivalent to 16 hrs for us. Get all the rest you can and whenever you can. Xx

April 7, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It happens to me almost every day after lunch. I don't fight it as taking a siesta is practised in most Mediterranean countries. They tell us that following a Mediterranean diet is good and healthy for us, so why not take on board their other lifestyle traditions and take an afternoon nap. I do.

April 8, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Talk with your doc. Sounds like it's time for a sleep test since one of the major signs of sleep apnea is becoming very sleepy in the afternoon.

April 8, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ketchikan, AK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Plainview, NY