Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bristol, VA

I am thinking of purchasing a piece of exercise equipment. In your opinion, which would be best? A treadmill? Recumbent bike? Or is it just personal preference? I have been going to gym for last 2-1/2 years. Now, I want something I can do at home to save a little bit of time. Thanks for your input.

August 8, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@KeithWetzier, good luck with your bicycle. You will find it hard to begin with, so please take it easy. Do not get into negative thoughts about too late to be smart! You have turned the corner. Keep smiling my friend. Happy breathing. God bless. Sandy x

August 13, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

get the one you can hang your clothes on....90% of the people that buy home equipment end up not using it. If its in your bedroom you will throw your clothes one it......good luck

August 17, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm about to buy a stationary bike for the same reason. I'm stage 4 FEV1 17. I smoked for 55 years before my first exaserbation took me down and put me in the hospital. I knew for years my breathing was getting more and more difficult but I never thought it would lead to this. To late to smart.

August 12, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@exercise machine. Buy what you will USE! Remember, you must use it daily, so buy something that you will enjoy using. I myself personally, cycle for three hours a day. Not all in one go, spread out over the day. Happy breathing. God bless. Sandy.

August 10, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My suggestion is to look at the amount of budget you have for the equpment. That will let you know what quality and the type of equipment to get, also another thing to look at is where exactly are you putting this new addition to your life...my suggestion on what i would get would be a stationary bike. hope this helped you some..

September 8, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nederland, CO