None of my docs have a clue as to why and just tell me it should be the exact opposite. I am using a concentrator. I drop down to 86-88 at night. Consequently, I've only done that 3 times. However, the other night, I used it for about 3.5 hours and had the same thing happen, just not for as many hours.
I had low level carbon monoxide exposure for 2.5 years. My CO was high then but nobody had a clue. That was about 20 years ago. I was told that exposure made me quite susceptible to low level exposure in the years to come. I just ordered a low level detector.
The eye doc wasn't discouraging me from wearing a mask but I do not feel comfortable being in such close quarters where people are not wearing them. I have glaucoma and can't tolerate drops for that but I thought maybe they could do a IOP test outside on the front steps when my eyes were so blurry. He wants me to come in for a complete exam and frankly, I don't see the point.
MT - no more mask mandates here - carry on as though Covid no longer exists...!!
Thanks Roland - you're a good guy.
One point of the article was that Oxygen under high pressure was bad for vision but good for treating something like Carbon monoxide poisoning. Scuba divers have the blurry vision problem all the time. So do those with high CO levels, which competes with O2 in the bloodstream.
Your doc should NOT be discouraging you from wearing a mask if you choose too. I would find a new Doc for that reason alone. All the best.
RolandL - thanks for the info. My eye doc is one of the ones who said O2 could not be causing blurry vision. He wants me to come in for an exam and advised me that masks are not required. That's a risk I'm not willing to take. Researching hyperbaric and that feels like not a viable option for me. But keep responding because I appreciate your leads.
Hi Raelin. Many have questioned if too much Oxygen can he a bad thing. Others disagree.
The treatment below is not widely available to most, but the affects are well known. Ask you Eye doc to make recommendations to your other Docs and the medical file. Take care.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatmen...
That is what the docs say and I'm having the opposite reaction - so what's the deal?