Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 13, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Oct 23, 2021
National Drug Takeback Disposal sites
https://takebackday.dea.gov/

October 23, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member love this place so glad I found all you people, it’s a breath of fresh air lol 😂

October 17, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Don't think it would hurt you but I know after a year of it the med. in the pill brakes down so I'd say it's no good

October 15, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think if it is sealed and damage then why not! I certainly have used/taken many things way past their sell by date! Years ago we never had Best By! Such a waste otherwise!

October 14, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I would also toss them because my lung doc will hand Me more Predz like Tic-tacs!
Its harder to keep up with an old bottle of Whiskey around the house and is NOT worth the risk.
Except for liquids, salves and antbiotics, here is one expert opinion that Google found about pills and capsule meds:
"Medication potency gradually decreases starting from the moment of its manufacture. This process is NOT in any way spontaneous after the (printed) expiry date.
Expired drugs have not necessarily lost their potency and efficacy. The expiration date is only an assurance that the labeled potency will last at least until that date. Ongoing research shows that stored under optimal conditions, many drugs retain 90% of their potency for at least five years after the labeled expiration date, and sometimes longer. Even 10 years after the expiration date many pharmaceuticals retain a significant amount of their original potency."
WELL?

October 13, 2021 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Charleston, WV