Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Winnipeg, MB
October 1, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think the basic rule is what's my Oxygen Saturation? Get an Oximeter everyone! If you can't breathe get to the hospital. After awhile you get to know your own body and can tell what's going on. For me it's allergies and I'm having inflammation with no fever. Fever, and you have an infection. Usually when you go to the hospital they treat you for both inflammation, with Prednisone, and for possible infection with an antibiotic. The important thing is don't wait.

October 1, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I depend on the advice nurse for my health system. My problem was that when I had breathing difficulties, I also had thinking difficulties. I would be in a panic and through questions we could figure out the next step. I had a tendency to wait too long before going to the hospital. I am getting smarter about my copd.

October 1, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

An exacerbation is a worsening of your usual COPD symptoms that requires medical intervention (antibiotic, prednisone, hospitalization, etc.) to recover from.

October 1, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

For me I struggle lose my breath and sometimes body betrays me and usually not always close to the loo.
My pulmonologist finally had me on Breztri..the government finally approved it for VA! It has helped quite a lot.
I was taken off Spiriva, and simbicort, only have rescue Inhaler as needed and nebulizer if needed. Try to see if you can get the Breztri
Hugs!🥰

October 1, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Pattib4 thinking difficulty is a sign of low oxygen. It could be an exacerbation, or low oxygen at night. I hadn't seen the pulmonologist since before the pandemic and last week I finally saw her. I have to have a stress test (treadmill) to check my heart and an overnight oxygen test. It's a device on the hand you get to bring home. You bring the device back the next day for reading.

October 2, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Winnipeg, MB

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In