Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Winnipeg, MB

Is it a harder time with breathing, a fever or what? How do I know?

January 28, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The rule of thumb that I use and most docs is that if you see an increase in any of your ordinary symptoms, you need to at least talk with your pulmonologist. The pictures were of action plans that the person worked out with her doc: if this happens, you do that thing. Those are always a great idea. A nebulizer is a machine that uses air pressure to aerosolize liquid meds to be inhaled. Usually they're used with albuterol or one of its cousins, but there are many meds that can be take this way.

January 28, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You are so knowledgeable Jean. Thanks for your detailed answers to our many questions.

January 29, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Pursed-lip breathing has helped me thru many things. I have no phlegm. I have a continuous runny nose though! I have shares now in Scotties and Kleenex....lol. It just seems harder to inhale, but the humidity out there and the smoke has a lot to do with
it for sure. It just tires me out easily is all. other than That, I am good to go, kinda !!!!

June 28, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member really you don't use a nubby wow I use to use mine sevral times a day just didnt help me much but there good for breaking up mucus and such and I agree with @A MyCOPDTeam Member pursed lip breathing has been a life saver for me but I used to hyperventilate and pass out till I learned it lol

February 3, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Definately a harder time breathing. You could have congestion, wheezing, breathlessness for sure. You will know if you are having one. Do you have a nebulizer by any chance? It always helps me to nebulize with Albuterol and Ipratropium together. I also have a bipap machine to help get rid of the Co2 in my blood.

January 28, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Winnipeg, MB