Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Willowmore, ZA

I'm always feeling like there a crust like on my lungs and feel like I could oil them wat is the reason for this dryness I'm scared 😰

November 29, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I drink a lot of water every day. Not because I'm trying to stay hydrated but cause my throat always feels dry and it helps when i caugh. I have a couple of water bottlrs I fill with water and ice. Take it everywhere

November 30, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Do you drink (a LOT of) fluids during the day? Your comparison with the oil in a car engine is spot on. Our "engines" - the Lungs - need a lot of lubricant too. Water can usually do the trick throughout the day. Especially at night.
My other favorites are teas, fruit juices, squishy fruits and soups. Either way, have as much as you like. Then one more serving. You'll know when you've had too much.
Your doctor can also prescribe other medicines which can help cut thicker mucus buildup. She will also say they should be taken with even more fluids. Be well.

November 29, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You might try drinking more water. I think part of what you're experiencing could be dehydration. Lungs like things pretty wet!

November 29, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I do lemons and or lime's too... Hot Teas, I like Hot broth too.

December 16, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm always Dry and drink a lot of water.

December 15, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Waynesville, NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Westbank bc