Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
San Diego, CA
May 7, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Feeling like you can't breathe is frightening and can lead to panic attacks. Find a good therapist and get treatment for anxiety and panic. Meds can help, but it's best to learn how to manage and control your anxiety just like you can manage and control COPD.

May 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, I sometimes get panic attacks. Not breathing well is scary.

May 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also get panic attacks but with the breathing under control I try to think about a problem I need to solve or a have a game on my phone I play only when I am having a panic attack

May 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Nope it's not only you πŸ˜ƒ Happens to lots of us and you don't always get to know where or when. That's when the pursed-lip breathing can really help you get to feeling more in control. I have to work at it all the time and push myself to do things I don't always feel like doing.πŸ˜•

5-7-2023

May 7, 2023 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yep, whatever works we are all different.πŸ˜„

5-7-2023

May 7, 2023

Related Questions

View All