Medicine leaflet says talk to doctor if you have narrow channel glaucoma. I don’t. I have narrow drainage angles with potential for acute glaucoma needing immediate treatment.
Talking to doctor easier said than done. Has anyone else had this issue? Was it safe to take the inhaler? It says it could increase eye pressure. My eyes are stable with 17 and 14 mmHg
I think I'd prefer to consult an ophthalmologist as they can medically treat the eyes and perform surgery. I'm sure some optometrists would be fine, but an ophthalmologist can do way more medically.
Hi Bramble, I have just seen this post of yours as I don't go on my PC much at the moment with all the upheaval of house moving in the very recent months so you probably have an answer by now. Anyway I just wanted to add that any inhaler you use that contains ICS, runs the risk of Glaucoma but my optician told me the risk is low and that many drugs can accelerate prospect of inheriting the condition. Regards.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member gee just read some of that article. Dementia thanks for that. Not enjoying this part of getting older. 😬
Thank you for your replies. Fortunately being in the UK I don’t pay. Even the optician is free because of my glaucoma risk. However I spoke to the optician not prepared to advise! I’ve been told to contact the lung consultant at hospital. I will look at that link @A MyCOPDTeam Member
@A MyCOPDTeam Member - I tried that! The Insurance would not approve a Referral without an existing acute or chronic onset of the eye disease. Unless I wanted to pay Out-of-pocket for just a second Good guess. 🤑😭 - - - NOT!
The optometrist explained that the Acute Angle is rare and is either already in play (or not). The medication just accelerates a Flare-up in the eye pressure to exacerbate things. OR not.
Plus she said most people have some form of Glaucoma anyway as we Age. Not IF, For SURE.
Do you have any comment on the ACh meds from your experience?