Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Loughton, Essex
June 10, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I try and avoid being out in the hot weather. I always check my ap ‘Air Now’ to see what the air is like outside. With the smoke coming down from Canada it’s been very bad.

June 10, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Michael
It’s not you it is down simple to the Heat and Humidity if you yes a fan or humidifier make sure you keep hydrated with water
Take care
Eric

June 10, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I have a problem. I have worked in several packing houses in central Florida. It would get super hot in those packing houses from canning the food. So a few tricks I use.....
I soak my head in cold water & do not dry it at all.
I soak a hand towel or even a regular towel & do not wring it out.
I drape it over my shoulders & sit in front of a fan.
I turn the towel whenever it gets warm to my skin.
Reset as needed.
Just like having an air conditioner on me.

June 11, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes. It’s very difficult. I think it depends on how far advanced the disease is.

June 10, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Humidity is hard for most of us, but the higher the dew point, the more difficult it is to breathe. Dew point is more important for bad breathing.

June 10, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Atlanta, GA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Smyrna Beach, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In