Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

During the day I use my Navage (a mechanical Netty pot) and that usually helps. But when my stuffy nose wakes me during the night I resist getting out of bed to sleepily assemble and use it.

July 6, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I put my canula in my mouth if I need to while clearing my nose.

July 29, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use a Netty Pot as well when my sinus's are affected and it helps so much. I really feel like I can breathe again. I used one immediately after being discharged from the hospital after 6 days in December and I knew I was going to be okay. That one thing had such a huge affect compared to all the nebulizer treatments they gave me.

July 12, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use Neil Med Sinus Rinse, 2x day. Helps. Also Xlear nasal, a natural spray

July 6, 2025
MyCOPDTeam

Many MyCOPDTeam members have dealt with nasal discomfort while using oxygen. Here are some tips that may help:

1. Keep a humidifier in your bedroom to prevent nasal dryness
2. Use saline nasal spray before bed and keep it on your nightstand for easy access
3. Consider asking your doctor about nasal moisturizing gels Show Full Answer

Many MyCOPDTeam members have dealt with nasal discomfort while using oxygen. Here are some tips that may help:

1. Keep a humidifier in your bedroom to prevent nasal dryness
2. Use saline nasal spray before bed and keep it on your nightstand for easy access
3. Consider asking your doctor about nasal moisturizing gels specifically designed for oxygen therapy users
4. Ensure your oxygen tubing is clean and replaced regularly It's important to monitor your oxygen levels, especially during sleep. Consider using a pulse oximeter to check your saturation levels when you're feeling uncomfortable. A good saturation number is 90-92%. If you consistently get lower readings, contact your healthcare provider as they may need to adjust your oxygen flow rate or explore other solutions for nighttime use.

July 6, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oaklyn, NJ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Olmsted, OH