Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

m

October 12, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

thank you all so very much and even through I know you are all right sometimes I just get mad at myself for not being able to do things with my family but at the same time I thank God for allowing me to at least be able to see them live and grow. thank you guys I needed all that you reminded me of MAY GOD BLESS YOU

October 14, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam MemberđŸ™‡â€â™€ïžđŸ˜Š Good evening my dear, it’s been a long time since I’ve responded to one of your posts.
I have to tell you when you get sick and tired of staying in the house, you’ll see that the anchor or whatever others call the oxygen tank, I tell you the truth
.. this is one of my favorite tools. I use it for going outside and mowing the lawn, for using the new reciprocating saw I just bought and cutting down those dead shrubs, for cleaning out my garden and flower bed, for walking, for any of the many things I couldn’t do without it.
Just don’t look at it as something to be ashamed of, instead it’s a great tool to help you live longer, healthier and enjoy your life.
Okay so I’m a little passionate about life and not wasting it.
Go enjoy yourself
God Bless you and Breathe Easier
10/13/2025 8:32 pm
My bed time đŸ„±

October 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi, @A MyCOPDTeam Member,

Please don’t beat yourself up over something you cannot change. If you’d had an accident, you wouldn’t feel responsible or ashamed as you’d know you did nothing to contribute to your frustrations,

Just like everyone else said, you have to get over those useless feelings and stop beating yourself up.

You could have ended in the same situation due to pollution and the crazy fires occurring, so please know that blame serves no purpose and just adds to depression. Please take care of you.

Hugs.

Thursday afternoon, 16-OCT-25

October 16, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Well said Merry Mary!! What an inspiration you are, so encouraging. We should never be ashamed of using our oxygen in public. It is an aid as is a cane for a blind person or a wheelchair for someone who can't walk, or a stroller for a child who can't get around on its own. I have to admit, I too was a little unsettled in the beginning to be seen with my POC, but you know what, most people don't even notice and if they do, they just glance and go on their way. I'm so glad to live in an age where these aids are available for us to make life easier. @A MyCOPDTeam Member Be proud, hold your held high and go out and enjoy your surroundings. You may never know how many other folks you will inspire to use their oxygen in public. I remember a woman that was coming out of Walgreens wearing hers. I stopped her and we talked, she was my inspiration to not be afraid to go outside of my house. Start living again!!! I'll be thinking and praying for you. @A MyCOPDTeam Member

October 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Not crazy at all. I go crazy when I am stuck inside. I have to get out of the house, after a while the walls close in on you. I like fresh air and nature. You should not feel shame. It is an illness and oxygen is just our aid or crutch. It sucks to have to carry it and deal with it, and time limitations from it. But It allows you to get out of the house. A change of environment, fresh air, even different temperatures.
Don't feel embarrassment, accept the fact that it allows you the freedom again. Don't worry about what other people think! Just think about how you're breathing and that you can. Only you can do this, and I don't want you to let depression scare you to hiding in the house.

October 13, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colorado Springs, CO