@A MyCOPDTeam Member, Regular communication with "your" COPD care team is crucial.
It is "your" team as in all your doctors, nurses or therapist that you deal with. It is important to be in contact with your pulmonologist, GP, or NP as soon as you get a cold or worsening of symptoms. the sooner you treat it the less the impact on your COPD and easier recovery.
Mentioned Users
A MyCOPDT...
November 1, 2025
I keep seeing mention of a,"COPD care team" Who is this and how do I access it? I've never heard anything about a care team from any health professional I have ever spoken to.
October 31, 2025
How can I find psychological support and phone contacts for COPD?
Living with COPD can feel overwhelming, and having the right support makes a real difference. Here are ways to find psychological support:
Support Options
- Connect with others who understand through online communities where members share experiences and Show Full Answer
How can I find psychological support and phone contacts for COPD?
Living with COPD can feel overwhelming, and having the right support makes a real difference. Here are ways to find psychological support:
Support Options:
- Connect with others who understand through online communities where members share experiences and offer emotional support
- Reach out to your healthcare provider about mental health counseling services
- Ask your medical team about chaplaincy services, health education classes, and on-site support groups at your hospital or practice
- Talk with friends and family about how they can help, whether that's listening or assisting with daily tasks
Building Your Support Network:
Opening up to loved ones can be difficult, but letting them know specific ways they can support you helps everyone navigate this together.
Your healthcare team is an essential resource - they can connect you with patient liaisons, nurse navigators, and referrals to other services that extend beyond medical appointments.
Remember: Regular communication with your COPD care team is crucial. Don't hesitate to reach out when symptoms change or you need guidance. They're there to help adjust your treatment and provide support throughout your journey.
October 31, 2025