I sleep with oxygen as well as sometimes during the day on bad breathing days. Dr's orders. Im on 2 ltrs.
Oxygen wether at night, while walking, or doing anything strenuous, not to mention 24/7, is never by anyones choice. It is always prescribed for you. Oxygen is a medication and an important as any pills or inhalers you take.
I was put on nocturnal oxygen 7 years ago, when I did an overnight odometer test. It showed that I stopped breathing several times a night adding up to a total of 4 minuets. So having the oxygen there for me when I do inhale helps me to have a better breathing day the next day. Not so tired or worn out when I wake up now.
We all all different on have specific needs to when we need oxygen. It is important to discuss it with your doctor and sometimes they need to adjust it. So constant monitoring of your condition is important. Make sure you follow directions and not use at wrong times or turn it up. It can do more damage than good.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member you have to have a doctor's prescription to get an oxygen concentrator and then it's up to you if you follow your doctor's instructions on how and when to use it.
Do you sleep with oxygen on doctor's orders or by your own choice?
Many people with COPD use oxygen while sleeping based on their doctor's recommendations. The decision typically depends on your oxygen saturation levels and individual needs.
Some people only need supplemental oxygen during specific activities like Show Full Answer