Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

I seem to have a lot of phlegm last two day? I know it’s normal w COPD but I’ve been reducing my prednisone slowly over the last two weeks per doctor and I’m wondering if that is why I’m having more mucus. I find it hard to cough it up?

March 27
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Delia. I do take mucinex 600 mg twice a day. And I have been reducing my prednisone slowly I don’t have diabetes and don’t want it I also have the saline liquids to do in my nebulizer I also have a great man that takes care of me too. We r not married but been together for 30+ years. I thank god he loves me. He cooks, cleans and everything that I can no longer do. He’s my saint. Guess we both r lucky

March 27
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was having trouble coughing up phlegm and my pulmonologist prescribed sodium chloride liquids to add to my morning and evening nebulizer Duo nebs. It helped bring up the mucous. Plus I found doing breathing exercises and then doing big huff coughs after each set brings up stubborn mucus as well.
3 /27/26

March 27
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks that answered it. I’ll continue to use Nebbie and pulmonary rehab and slowly taper prednisone. I’ll discuss w my doctor if it gets worse.

March 27
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm not using prednisone, as of one month. I do have more mucus but huff coughing helps. I've had to many side effects from prednisone.

March 27
A MyCOPDTeam Member

DawnF: ive been like this 3 wks Pulmonogist said 2 use MucinexDM & gave me an Flonase. Presidone spikes up my sugar i hve diabetes & hbp. Hubs is real healthy TG 1 of is

March 27

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brighton, ON

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Texas City, TX