Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

But the most frustrating part is that when I'm seeing the Dr. None of those symptoms ever do anything while I'm there. Have any one of you ever go through that?

April 5
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The odd thing is I never cough and I don't wheeze. The only time I cough is when I add sodium chloride to my Duo Neb solution in morning and evening. This per my pulmonologist to bring up any mucus. That is only time I cough and bring up clear mucus.

I would say record yourself on video when thin happens and play it for doctor.

It could be something in your environment that is triggering the cough. I noticed when I go to the doctor my oxygen levels are always higher. Telling me it is a more sterile environment and less irritants to enter my lungs making it tougher to breathe.

April 5
MyCOPDTeam

Have you experienced symptoms disappearing during doctor visits?

This is such a common and frustrating experience! Your symptoms deciding to take a break right when you need to show them to your doctor can feel maddening.

Here are some practical ways to help your doctor understand what's really happening:

Keep a symptom Show Full Answer

Have you experienced symptoms disappearing during doctor visits?

This is such a common and frustrating experience! Your symptoms deciding to take a break right when you need to show them to your doctor can feel maddening.

Here are some practical ways to help your doctor understand what's really happening:

Keep a symptom journal
- Track when you cough and how often
- Note the color and amount of sputum you're producing
- Record what triggers seem to make it worse

Document your symptoms
- Take videos on your phone when you're coughing heavily
- Write down specific details about your worst episodes
- Bring physical examples if possible (like noting sputum color/consistency)

Prepare for appointments
- Write down your questions as they come up throughout the week
- Bring your symptom notes to every visit
- Tell your doctor how much you cough and how long you've had these symptoms, even if they're not happening in that moment

Your doctor needs to know about the frequency and severity of your cough and sputum production to properly manage your COPD, so sharing this information - even when symptoms aren't actively occurring - is really important for your care.

April 5
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have coughing spells usually in the evening. Pineapple juice helps. But the breathing treatments make me cough thats what the are suppose to do. I spit up all different colors. Sometimes it's clear sometimes it green and few times it's been light brown. My mornings are my worth where I cough up after I get up and start moving around. But pineapple juice really helps. I just drink it out of a can of pineapple tablets. Then save the pineapple for eating later. Good luck and God be with you! 🙏❤️

April 5
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks Glenda and Dianna. I appreciate the feedback. You guys are awesome.

April 5

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV