Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I myself listen to both but try to find and listen to anything about copd or don't see to much about it . I also listen to true crimes . Health foods and did notice that there is a cvs podcast and they talk about drugs and side effects

April 18
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I usually listen to breathing and self help videos while doing breathing exercises and treadmill. Also find listening to music throughout day keeps me moving and my mind off Copd.

April 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't think about it while I exercise either, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. I turn on the TV and bring up some of the shows I've recorded. Or I tune in to a music station and try to pace myself with that. Pretty soon I've finished and maybe gone a little over. But I definitely don't think a lot about COPD.๐Ÿ˜Š

April 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Wow
I don't think about copd
I just like to keep on things n. Because doctors are not always honest plus I don't understand some these words that the doctor says so I look them up

April 18 (edited)
MyCOPDTeam

What podcasts or audiobooks do people with COPD listen to while exercising or walking?

Many people with COPD find that listening to something engaging helps them stay motivated during exercise. Walking is a great low-impact activity that's easy to incorporate into daily life, and pairing it with entertainment or education Show Full Answer

What podcasts or audiobooks do people with COPD listen to while exercising or walking?

Many people with COPD find that listening to something engaging helps them stay motivated during exercise. Walking is a great low-impact activity that's easy to incorporate into daily life, and pairing it with entertainment or education can make it more enjoyable.

While specific COPD-focused podcasts may be limited, there are several ways to find helpful content:

- Look for respiratory health or chronic illness podcasts that discuss breathing techniques and symptom management
- Explore audiobooks about COPD, like "The COPD Solution" by Dawn Lesley Fielding, which covers breathing techniques, nutrition, and exercise
- Consider health-focused podcasts that discuss medication information, similar to the CVS podcast you mentioned
- True crime podcasts (like you're already enjoying!) can be a great distraction during walks

The key is finding content that keeps you engaged and motivated to stay active. Some MyCOPDTeam members have mentioned enjoying various activities while staying active, though they don't always specify what they listen to.

Remember to use proper breathing techniques while walking - pursed lip breathing can be especially helpful during exercise. If you're looking for more COPD-specific content, books and journals about living with COPD might offer the depth you're seeking.

April 18

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Waterboro, ME

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Ont Canada