Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Doylestown, PA
April 26
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi. Doing ok. I wish I had more stamina and could do more. You're on pretty basic stuff. I have albuterol as a emergency inhaler. And I have Trelegy which is a maintenance inhaler to take once a day. That's why they recommend exercise. I hope you get it under control and feel better. πŸ™‚

April 28
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Delia. Please keep us updated. U will do ok. I have just learned to live the best I can I go to a psychologist to talk bout the way I have to adjust to the New Dawn’s way of living. I was getting depressed because things changed so much. But I am getting better at excepting that it has to b like this. My boyfriend of 30 years like ur husband is a good man and he does everything I use to. Cooks , cleans , laundry and even helps me shower. Sound like u got a good man to b there for u too. U r not on oxygen so u must b at early stage. I’ll b praying for u. Stay in touch. We fall here for u if u need to talk. πŸ™πŸ€—

April 27
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Deb G
Is Carda covered by insurance? I have pulmonary rehabilitation twice a week at home. How often is Carda ?

April 27
MyCOPDTeam

It sounds like you're asking: "Is Carda Health worth it for someone with COPD?"

Carda Health is a remote cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation program. For people with COPD, pulmonary rehab is widely considered one of the most effective ways to manage symptoms and improve quality of life.

Here's what makes Carda Show Full Answer

It sounds like you're asking: "Is Carda Health worth it for someone with COPD?"

Carda Health is a remote cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation program. For people with COPD, pulmonary rehab is widely considered one of the most effective ways to manage symptoms and improve quality of life.

Here's what makes Carda potentially appealing for COPD:

- Convenience β€” It's done from home, which is great when breathlessness makes travel difficult
- Personalized exercise plans β€” Tailored to your current fitness and lung capacity
- Coaching support β€” Access to health coaches who guide your progress
- Breathing techniques β€” Helps you learn strategies to manage shortness of breath

The potential downsides to consider:

- Cost β€” Insurance coverage can vary, so it's worth checking beforehand
- Self-motivation required β€” Remote programs work best for those who can stay consistent without in-person accountability

Pulmonary rehab in any form β€” whether in-person or remote like Carda β€” is strongly recommended by lung health guidelines for COPD management. Talking to your doctor about whether Carda fits your specific situation and insurance coverage is a smart first step.

April 26
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just read what it’s all about. I think I’m doing good w someone coming to my house she makes me feel at ease and does moderate my O2 She does it at my pace which Varys day by day. Itry to do the same exercises on her off day if i feel up to it. My pulmonologist gave me referrals and Medicare pays for it. I get it for 2 months then she does a revaluation I might have to get another referral from doctor.

April 27

Related Questions

View All