No worries about the mix-up, Mike β these medication names can be quite a tongue twister! π
Brinsupri (formoterol/glycopyrrolate) is a dual bronchodilator inhaler that combines a LABA and a LAMA. It helps open the airways and makes breathing easier for people with COPD.
Unfortunately, there aren't any MyCOPDTeam member Show Full Answer
No worries about the mix-up, Mike β these medication names can be quite a tongue twister! π
Brinsupri (formoterol/glycopyrrolate) is a dual bronchodilator inhaler that combines a LABA and a LAMA. It helps open the airways and makes breathing easier for people with COPD.
Unfortunately, there aren't any MyCOPDTeam member experiences with Brinsupri available to share right now. It's a relatively newer option, so community feedback may be limited.
Here are a few helpful tips when starting a new COPD medication:
- Track your symptoms β note any changes, good or bad, after starting
- Watch for side effects β common ones with this type of medication can include dry mouth, urinary issues, or increased heart rate
- Don't stop suddenly β always check with your pulmonologist before making any changes
- Give it time β bronchodilators can take a little while to show their full benefit
Posting your question on your MyCOPDTeam Activities page is a great way to hear directly from other members who may have tried Brinsupri. Your pulmonologist is also your best resource for what to expect!
May 30
I tried Brinsupri and it caused high blood pressure, which is a common side effect. I was put on blood pressure medicine because of Brinsupri. I stopped Brinsupri and blood pressure back to normal.
June 4
Never heard of it. Let us know if you do try it and how it works out please! Thanks Mike :)
May 30
Thanks Debra! I'm not expecting a lot of folks to have tried it as it only was recently OK'd by the FDA... I'll get it this week and hope it helps.. I've been fighting COPD and Bronchiectasis for over 48 years so any relief will he helpful.. Have a great night, Mike
May 30