Answer Summary
Members rallied around the question of feeling overwhelmed by a COPD diagnosis, with nearly everyone affirming that fear and emotional ups and... Read more
@A MyCOPDTeam Member Hi and good morning to you . Its normal to be afraid in the beginning i was very afraid. Not as bad now the only thing i am afraid of now is the part where they say it gets worse as it goes on. But one thing for sure we are not promised tomorrow so why be afraid if you don't know for sure if you will be here. Since i have had this i have i guess you could say i accepted it i just don't to deal with to much more .Today tomorrow and forever i am here i am not afraid to die .I think i felt that years ago when i was a small child .Thru this and the group and therapy i go thru i have learned many things so i go on existing .Have a great day.
Hey @A MyCOPDTeam Member, I feel for you. Just a thought here. The very essence of faith is founded in believing and trusting in things that we cant see, hear, taste, or touch. Its putting our trust in God's care for us when every circumstance tells us to run and hide. Its part of being a human being to get scared, depressed, sad, etc.. but the important thing is who to we first go to when things are troubling us? Plus, all the people on this sight are sooo compassionate and understanding that I never worry about talking about things when I'm not having a great day. I will be praying for you for sure.
So glad you talked with your doc and you got new meds @A MyCOPDTeam Member. I am sorry you have to take meds for your anxiety, but I do sincerely hope they work well for you. Hugs, Chris 6/3/26
@RichardConolly I have to say that I am quite sure that is not a wise choice to double up on your medication without consulting with your doctor! YOU may feel better, but it's bound to have side effecs sooner or later. I hope you have a really good day today, but I do urge you to talk to your doctor. Hugs, Chris 6/3/26
Lulu: There is not a soul alive that feels the same way when they get a diagnosis such as ours. This is why you are in the right place here. We all understand and can relate to whatever you are feeling on any day because we are all at different stages of the illness. It sucks because there are constant losses. Slowly and sometimes faster depending on many factors that can make things worse. It helps to know you are not alone and that others get you where as family and friends try to get it but tbey really do not know how scary it is to not be able to breath.
Some days one can feel like screaming and another day want to run away unfortunately we are unable to do either so people here help us through it with suggestions, information, strategies, and prayers. Hang in there with us Lulu we get you. Hugs