I have Asthma and now emphysema
I donated a kidney years ago but have stayed in the 50 to 60% CKD. I all ready can’t take some meds due to this
Here’s some questions I’ve ask but gotten no answers from my docs.
1. Will I still be able to receive a kidney if I need one?
2. Will I be able to use the medications available for this when it’s time?
Is it worth wasting a good kidney which having COPD.
So many things still rolling around in my head.
Thank you in advance.
PS. Trying to know things… read more
Answer Summary
Members living with COPD and kidney disease connected over the shared challenge of managing both conditions, including fears about dialysis... Read more
@TerryMcQueed that is hilarious! Garfield is helping me wash bedding🙃
Oh how adorable @A MyCOPDTeam Member! How old is she? I'm sending a picture of my orange door kitty. This is Garfield and he was 4 years old in January.
I have cat as well. So if and when it comes to that. I’d have to do it at a center.
This is Lilo. My little Hawaiian street kitty.
Oh my goodness @A MyCOPDTeam Member that little dickens can surely find things to get into can't she! The garbage disposal??? That could be disastrous! Garfield like to watch the toilet flush. lol!
At one point my kidney was at 17% and the doc said 15% is the cutoff point; after that it's dialysis and I DO NOT want dialysis anymore than you do @A MyCOPDTeam Member! It's strange how simply changing your diet can affect how the kidney functions, but you are right, it certainly does. I also went to a Nutritionist when the readings got so low. You are wise for trying to mentally prepare yourself. I think about it and try to figure out where I could do it at home, but I don't have a room I could block off and keep sanitary if I chose dialysis at home--which I would prefer to do. I have a cat and only my bedroom and the bathroom have doors to them to keep the cat out, and of course there is always cat hair all over everything even though he is short haired.
Anyway, have a great day today and I hope you enjoy being on this site! Hugs, Chris 6/24/26