I have COPD . I’m trying to exercise, and I’m using nebulizer with ohtuvayre, and albuterol. I’m walking everyday except this one. I feel I need to rest today due to heat and my COPD. Is it okay to rest today?
LOUISW know and listen to your body. What you need is to take your bodies lead. In other words when you need rest do that when you have a good day exercise. One thing this illness teaches us is to listen to your body and take good care of yourself. Need small meals do that. Need to sleep do that. You are the expert on you. No one else lives in your body but you my friend. Be your own best friend and you will live the best day you can have each day. Sending you a hug.
Good advise Christine.
First of all, the dedication to walking every day while managing COPD and an amputation is truly impressive — that takes real strength and commitment!
Yes, it is absolutely okay to rest today. Listening to your body is an important part of managing COPD. Heat can make breathing significantly harder, and pushing through on Show Full Answer