Has anyone had a moment when you can't breathe. I have had it a few times and it is terrifying
@A MyCOPDTeam Member I found if I have a wet cloth and put it on the back of my neck to slightly distract me and stop myself from overbreathing by longer inhale and blowing out through the mouthas if blowing out a candle this helps.one time when I turned white from an attack the only thing that got me out of it was tipping a jug of cold water over my head,then had 10 puffs on my inhaler and went to bed drenched>Big thing thing is to stop your self from getting over anxious try to distract your thoughts from trying to breath just relax,haed I say but it does help I practise the controlled breathing when I go into a panick attack,they are getting shorter recovery time now...dont know if this will help you but it works for me
Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member ! Yes,@A MyCOPDTeam Member - all the above is useful advice, but at risk of repeating myself, you may need to go to the emergency department.If this is happening often, i would.You may need an ambulance if you can't breathe well enough to drive.Getting into a car uses a lot of energy when one is breathless.Good luck!
I always carry my rescue inhaler with me, I find that if I'm in a hurry I have a really hard time breathing and catching my breath. So I find that if I do things at a slower pace I'm OK. I exercise daily, I think that helps a lot. I also do purse lip breathing , I hope this has been helpful
Try getting in your car or chair put your arms up hi behind you head arch your back try that sometimes it helps me get morr air in
Yes, it is the scariest thing in the world I have COPD/Emphazima and I've learned I have wholes in the lining of my lung and air get trapped there. I'm a mouth breather, and I've learned when I can't get a breath first to try not to panic, that's the hard part, then to breath in through my nose, and blow out with my mouth. When I blow out I will blow out as much as I can. After a few breaths like that I can get my breath. It is so easy to panic in these situations and hard to stay calm and that really is half the battle of getting your breath.