Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I wake up sometimes and my mouth and throat are so dry. It's getting to the point that it is causing me to panic. What can I do
relieve these symptoms?

June 16, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I keep a water bottle by bedside and use it a couple times a night .

June 16, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had a similar problem. I found that I must rinse my mouth thoroughly after using any inhaler. Also I keep a water bottle at my bedside and use it for relief. Both work. Good luck!

June 16, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Biotene helps a lot. Their is spray, lozenges, gel. It worksxxx

June 16, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you are on oxygen at night, you might want to talk to your provider about a humidifier bottle for your oxygen concentrator.

June 18, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Kathy, I also have that problem so I tried some Bioteme at bedtime and it helped. Or you could try AYR in your nostrils because it's all connected. I recently starting wearing a mouth guard because I've been grinding my teeth so much there's blood on my pillow. Hope it helps and sleep restfully ((((())))))

June 16, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Van Buren, AR

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gloucester, MA