Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Charenton, LA
June 23, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I take Prednisone when I have a flare up (which are pretty rough). I take them as directed which is for several days at decreasing does over a time period. This action will help my flare up immensely. The side effects for me are very uncomfortable. Prednisone absolutely assists me in recovery time.

June 24, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Appreciate the response and don't think I will take it because of the many side effects and being addictive. Took 1 pill yesterday and no more. Have a good evening and take care. WallyMac

June 23, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member - my pulmonary doc did prescribe it for me but after a few tries I stopped taking it. I don't remember why, must have hade me feel "ungood". And I don't remember why. Not much help 🤔. Sorry. narrowdog

June 23, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I’m not on prednisone. I have Chronic Kidney Disease so I can’t take it.

July 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for mentioning that Chrisp. Many people maintain on lower doses of prednisone and do fine. I will likely be okay on a low dose as well.

July 13, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jacksonville, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON