Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have stage 4 severe COPD and am pretty much on 02 24/7. When I am standing, walking etc it seems to be more frequent, not so much when sitting or sleeping or not using 02.
Thanks

March 22
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good morning MichaelZerjav
Thanks for your response, guess it's just another part of COPD that I'll have to live with. I have an appointment with my pulmonoligist on the 8th of April.
Thanks again, be safe and have a Great day.

March 24
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Bauf1128 Gud luk w/ur appt, I hve mine 2mrow d t really care 4 tht Pulmonogist but he will do til 4/21 whn I can c the new 1

March 24
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My nose runs most of the day. I am on 8liters of oxygen 24/7. It occurs whether I have water in my concentrator or not. Hope you are all doing well! xoxoxo

March 23
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks MichaelZerjav
I have 2 air purifier in my house where I spend most of the, I also have a nasal spray Ipratropium Bromide that I use morning and evening. It seems to help, the mister sucks seems not to work all the time. Thanks for the info.
Have a Great Day and Be Safe.

March 23
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Your nose produces extra mucus when there is dust or gems in the air you're breathing in and it is defending your lungs. So the doctor would believe it is just normal. It is not all the time, and you don't have any other problems with it.

I get it in the spring when the pollen start blowing. No I do not have allergies but the pollen/dust in the air gets my nose running especially in the mornings. I mentioned it to my doctor and said it is hard to breathe through my cannula when my nose is stopped up. Asked if I should use an over the counter nasal spray. But he prescribed me one that is stronger. Clears it right up and drys my nose out.

I do know that the ideal humidity for us with COPD is 30-50%. But with the water bottle on your tubing I wonder what % of humidity you are breathing in. I use a cool air humidifier to keep my rooms at 55% humidity, and I use a in home air purifier to keep dust and pollen down. I use a dehumidifier in the summer months.

Maybe you should message your doctor and ask if there is some medication to help? Hopefully you are talking with your pulmonologist and not your regular doctor.

March 23 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Port Monmouth, NJ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Terre Haute, IN